Situated Dialogue Systems
- Putting Things in Context: Situated Language Understanding for Human-Robot Dialog(ue). Robert J. Ross. In Proc. of the AAAI Symposium on Dialog with Robots, Arlington, Virginia, USA. 11th – 13th Nov 2010.
- Is Silence Golden in Human-Robot Dialogue? Robert J. Ross. In Proc. of the AAAI Symposium on Dialog with Robots, Arlington, Virginia, USA. 11th – 13th Nov 2010.
- Situating Spatial Templates for Human-Robot Interaction. John D. Kelleher, Robert J. Ross, Brian Mac Namee, Colm Sloan. In Proc. of the AAAI Symposium on Dialog with Robots, Arlington, Virginia, USA. 11th – 13th Nov 2010.
- A Linguistic Ontology of Space for Natural Language Processing. John A Bateman, Joana Hois, Robert Ross and Thora Tenbrink. Artificial Intelligence. Elsevier. 174 (2010) 1027–1071.
- Route instructions in map-based human-human and human-computer dialogue: a comparative analysis. Thora Tenbrink, Robert J. Ross, Kavita Thomas and Elena Andonova. Journal of Visual Language & Computing. 21(5), 2010.
- Putting things ‘between’ Perspective. Robert J. Ross and John Kelleher. In Proc. of Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Science (AICS) Conference, Galway, Ireland, September 2010.
- An Empirically-based model for Perspective Selection in Route-Finding Dialogues. Robert Ross and Kavita Thomas. Spatial Cognition 2010, Portland Oregon, USA.
- Modelling Illocutionary Structure: Combining Empirical Studies with Formal Model Analysis. Hui Shi, Robert J. Ross, Thora Tenbrink, and John Bateman. In Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Intelligent Text Processing. Mar 2010, Romania.
- Topology in Composite Spatial Terms. John Kelleher and Robert Ross. Spatial Cognition 2010, Portland Oregon, USA.
- Situated Dialogue Systems: Agency & Spatial Meaning in Task-Oriented Dialogue. University of Bremen, PhD Thesis. 2009. (Book version under preparation).
- Daisie: Information State Dialogues for Situated Systems. Robert J. Ross, John A. Bateman. In Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Text, Speech and Dialogue. Sept 2009. Pilson, Czeck Republic. .
- Agency & Information State in Situated Dialogues: Analysis & Computational Modelling. Robert J. Ross, John A. Bateman. 2009 Workshop on the Semantics and Pragmatics of Dialogue (DiaHolmia) June 24-26 2009, Stockholm, Sweeden.
- Assigning Perspective in Human-Computer Route Dialogues: A Contextual Factors Model. Robert J. Ross. Cognitive Processing 10(1).
- Making the Right Move – Revisiting Systemic Choice in Dialogue Processes. Robert J. Ross. 21st European Systemic Functional Linguistics Conference and Workshop. 8-10 July 2009, Cardiff, Wales.
- On the Role of Conceptual and Linguistic Ontologies in the Production of Wayfinding Dialogues. Robert J. Ross, Kai-Florian Richter, and John A. Bateman. ICSC International Conference on Spatial Cognition, Rome 2009.
- Spatial Granularity and Perspective in Route Descriptions for Humans and Dialogue Systems. Thora Tenbrink, Robert J. Ross, Elena Andonova, and Juliana Goschler. Adaptation in Spatial Communication: Workshop held in conjunction with AGILE 2009, June 2, 2009, Hannover, Germany.
- Speaking Autonomous Intelligent Devices Robert J. Ross, Bryan McEleney? , Robert Kelly, Tarek Abu-Amer, Michael Walsh, Julie Carson-Berndsen, and Gregory M.P. O’Hare. In In Proc. 13th Irish Conference on Arti cial Intelligence & Cognitive Science 2002 (AICS 02).
- Towards Stratified Spatial Modeling for Communication and Navigation. R.J. Ross, C. Mandel, J. Bateman, S. Hui, U. Frese. From Sensors to Human Spatial Concepts at IROS 2006, Beijing, China.
- Interpreting Route Instructions as Qualitative Spatial Actions. Hui Shi, Christian Mandel, Robert J. Ross. In T. Barkowsky, M. Knauff, G. Ligozat, D. R. Montello (Eds.), Spatial Cognition V, Vol. 4387, Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Using Generalised Dialogue Models to Constrain Information State Based Dialogue Systems, Robert J. Ross, John Bateman, Hui Shi. The Society for Text and Discourse 15th Annual Meeting. The Netherlands.
- Formalising Control in Robust Spoken Dialogue Systems. Hui Shi, Robert Ross, John Bateman. In Bernhard K. Aichernig, Bernhard Beckert (Eds.), Software Engineering and Formal Methods 2005, pp. 332–341, IEEE. IEEE Computer Society
- On the Role of Conceptual and Linguistic Ontologies in Spoken Dialogue Systems. Scott Farrar, Thora Tenbrink, John Bateman, Robert J. Ross. The Society for Text and Discourse 15th Annual Meeting. The Netherlands.
- Tiered Models of Spatial Language Interpretation. Robert J. Ross. International Conference on Spatial Cognition 2008, Freiburg, Germany.
- Towards Dialogue Based Shared Control of Navigating Robots. Robert Ross, Hui Shi, Tillmann Vierhuff, Bernd Krieg-Bruckner, and John Bateman. In Proc. Spatial Cognition 2004 (SC`04). Chiemsee, Germany, 2004.
- A Safe and Robust Approach to Shared-Control via Dialogue. Bernd Krieg-Brückner, Hui Shi, Robert Ross. In Chinese Journal of Software (2004).
- Improving Speech Recognition on a Mobile Robot Platform through the use of Top-Down Visual Cues, Ross, R.J., O’Donoghue, R.P.S. & O’Hare, G.M.P., Proceedings of 18th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI-03), 9th-15th August, Acapulco, Mexico, AAAI Press, 2003.
- Realising Reusable Agent Behaviours with ALPHA, Collier, R., Ross, R., O’Hare, G.M.P., Multiagent System Technologies, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence (LNAI), Volume 3550, Springer-Verlag.
- AF-APL: Bridging Principles & Practice in Agent-Oriented Languages, Ross, R., Collier, R., O’Hare, G.M.P. Programming Multi-Agent Systems, Lecturer Notes in Artificial Intelligence (LNAI), Volume 3346, Springer-Verlag.
- ALPHA: A Language for Programming Hybrid Agents. Ross, R., Collier, R., O’Hare, G.M.P. In Proceedings of the 2nd European Workshop on Multi-Agent Systems (EUMAS 2004), December 16-17th, Barcelona, Spain.
- A Role-based Approach to Reuse in Agent-Oriented Programming, Collier, R., Ross, R., O’Hare, G.M.P., (2005), AAAI Fall Symposium on Roles, an interdisciplinary perspective (Roles 2005), November 3-6, Hyatt Crystal City, Arlington, Virginia, USA.
- Demonstrating Social Error Recovery with AgentFactory? , Ross, R, Collier, R, O’Hare, G.M.P., In 3rd International Joint Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multi Agent Systems, New York, USA, 2004.
- Social Minded Commitment Management. Robert Ross, Rem Collier & G.M.P. O’Hare. In Proceedings of the 14th Irish Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Science (AICS 2003).
- MARC — Applying Multi-Agent Systems to Service Robot Control. MSc Thesis. Robert J. Ross. 2003 . pdf
- Perspective Use and Perspective Shift in Spatial Dialogue. Juliana Goschler, Elena Andonova and Robert J. Ross. International Conference on Spatial Cognition 2008, Freiburg, Germany.
- An Ontological Account of Communicative Function at the Surface Semantics Interface. Robert J. Ross. Presented at the Ninth International Conference of the European Society for the Study of English. Aarhus, Denmark, 2008.
- Reusable Grammatical Resources for Spatial Language Processing. Robert J. Ross. Workshop on Methodologies and Resources for Processing Spatial Language. LREC 2008, Marrakech, Morocco.
- Specification of an Ontology for Route Graphs. Bernd Krieg-Brückner, Udo Frese, Klaus Lüttich, Christian Mandel, Till Mossakowski and Robert Ross. In Proc. Spatial Cognition 2004 (SC`04). Chiemsee, Germany, 2004.
- Qualitative Spatial Arrangements and Natural Object Categories as a Link between 3D Perception and Speech. Reinhard Moratz, Michael Wuenstel, and Robert J. Ross. In Proceedings of 8th Pacific Rim International Conference on Artificial Intelligence. Aukland, New Zealand. 2004